An initial packing list which will hopefully get whittled down a little by the time we leave. We’ll have a practice pack on the next rainy weekend and have our test run in February. I’m sure we’ll get rid of a few things then. It seems like a lot and if I had my way we’d take a set of warm clothes each and be stinky hikers but I’ve been overruled by the ladies in the group. Thankfully we can spread it across 5 rucksacks ranging from my 65 litre to the kids 12 litre day packs. I’ll be honest, if the kids can carry their own sleeping bags I’ll be happy.
- 1 x 3 man tent.
- 5 x Sleeping Bags
- 3 x Sleep Mats
- 1 x Stove + pots + Fuel (Type TBC)
- 5 x Sporks + Tuppaware containers (to serve as lunch box and breakfast/dinner bowl.)
- Food and Water.
- Emergency Kit – First Aid Kit, Pen Knife, Duct Tape, Whistle, Mobile Phone etc
Clothing. In addition to what we will be wearing;
- 5 x Extra Fleece ( 1 each making 5 total)
- 3 x Spare Trousers for kids
- 2 x Trousers for parents
- 5 x Clean Clothes for Train Home
- 3 x 5 Spare Pairs of socks for kids
- 2 x 3 Spare socks for adults
- 5 x Full Waterproofs.
- 5 x Hats, Gloves etc
- 2 x Microfibre Towel
- Toiletries and washing stuff
- Camera + Batteries
- Notebook, Sketchbook and pencil
- Garmin – for geocaching along the way
- Camera Tripod.
- Pack of Cards/other small games for evening at camp.
- 3 x Teddy Bears.